Genealogy Day has only been around since 2013 when the Christ Church, United Presbyterian and Methodist in Limerick, Ireland got together to celebrate the church’s 200th anniversary.
There are quite a few things you can do to celebrate Genealogy Day:
- Start your own family tree.
- Volunteer to index records.
- Join a genealogical society.
- Watch webinars to gain more knowledge in the field of genealogy (see my post about My Top Ten Favourite Legacy Family Tree Webinars).
- Teach someone else how to get started tracing their family tree.
- Spend time with family telling them what you have discovered.
- Spend a day in your PJs with a nice cup of tea, coffee (or a stiff drink, if your ancestors are giving you problems!) and break down a brick wall or start a new line. Do whatever part of your family research that gets you excited!
As for me, I will be spending half of my day doing #7 while having a webinar playing in the background (So many to choose from) and then I will be celebrating my mom’s birthday with our family!
Sounds like a perfect way to enjoy Genealogy Day!
Have a great day!